Saturday, May 23, 2009

Founders' Grove

We're in the process of buying a house in the Founders' Grove neighborhood of Bloomington, Illinois, and I wanted to take this opportunity to kick off my blog entries on areas and sites in the Bloomington-Normal area.

Founders' Grove is my favorite neighborhood in Bloomington-Normal, with its beautiful old houses, and tree-lined streets and blooming flowers. Its location is perfect for somebody trying to ditch the car and take up biking and walking. Half mile from a grocery store, half-mile from the Constitution Trail (which shoots straight north to ISU), less than a mile to downtown Bloomington. And for me currently, it's 4 blocks from where I work! Click on some of the links to see pictures of the neighborhood.

Articles on Founders Grove:
TC style (February 28, 2008)

No comments: