Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Normal Theater - Not so normal

The Normal Theater is a real gem. I've been to small indie theaters in a number of cities - Madison, Tucson, Austin, Minneapolis - and none of them come close to its quality. First, I've been very impressed by the quality of the movies, in that it shows a perfect mix of new and classic options, changing flicks every week on average. For good measure, the theater itself looks great and is very well-maintained, supported by an active membership. Every time I've attended a movie there, the crowd was a decent size, a big surprise for me, since in Tucson and Minneapolis I would sometimes be the only patron in similar establishments.

Just this last Sunday I headed down there and saw Everlasting Moments, directed by Jan Troell. All in all, a superb movie shown in an outstanding venue.

No comments: