Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nothin' But the Blues Festival


We went to the Nothin' But the Blues Festival here in Bloomington, Saturday afternoon and evening. The event was very well-attended and very impressive. In places I've lived outside Illinois, I was used to horrible music festivals. But, here in Bloomington-Normal, all of the blues festivals have been terrific. I've been more impressed with the cultural offerings here than in the larger towns I've lived in, such as Tucson and Minneapolis/St. Paul.

On Saturday, we first heard the Bloomington-native Matt Curry and the Currfew, then B.J. Allen and Blue Voodoo, Kenny "Blues Boss" Wayne, and Sharrie Williams. The only downside were the ribs and Bud lites that threw me off my diet!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Blues is definitely the music to listen to in Central Illinois!