Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thinking about my ecological footprint

I was reading Robert Jensen's book All My Bones Shake, and in the section on living sustainably, he mentions this interesting website by Redefining Progress that estimates your ecological footprint. I took their quiz, found at www.myfootprint.org, and discovered that if everyone in the world lived like my partner and I we would need 4 Earths. We didn't do too badly, relative to the country average, even though I had to include my wife's 7000 miles traveled by plane per year! Check out the site. There might be more like it, though, that use other methods to estimate your footprint. The aspect of the site that I wondered about was Coca-cola's sponsorship. I wonder what Coke's ecological footprint would be?!?! Well, anyway, here are my results.

No comments: